11 Feb 2017

Winter Essentials/Favorites

I know winter is almost gone and everybody have shared their winter faves long time ago. I planned to share my winter essentials/favorites round Christmas but it didn't happened and I quit that idea. Until now. I thought it's still winter, it's cold outside and who cares about others, there is no specific date set for this. Right? So here are my winter essentials/favorites!


Every winter I have the same essential things like - warm clothes (especially warm socks, gloves and scarfs), lip balms, moisturizing hand cream and warm tea.

So first products I have discovered for myself this winter - Chocolate Passion body butter wash from Palmolive Gourmet and cream-oil bodylotion (first time I read that I thought - "they couldn't decide what it is so let it be all in one") from Balea. This body wash smells so good! I could not stop smelling it, because it smells like chocolate and looks kind of like hot chocolate. Also it is moisturizing, what is perfect for winter time, when my skin tend to be more dry. The body lotion from Balea (it is German drugstore DM inner brand) also smells very nice, it is said on packaging 'with Marulanut scent', I have no idea what is it and how it suppose to smell, but for me it reminds a little bit of cacao, so together with body wash it is good combo. 40% of this lotion is nourishing oils (almond oil and sunflower oil), but despite that, it doesn't feel heavy, oily and soaks in very quickly. 
Of course after bath or shower I like to get my feet in warmth and this winter my favorites are these cute, warm and super soft socks. Have no idea what brand they are, got them in my local grocery store.
   

Another thing I said is my winter essential - hand cream. I usually used some other brands but when I run out and went to get new, I decided to give a try to Alverde (it is a drugstores DM inner brand from natural cosmetics range). This cream is for very dry skin and it really worked for me. It also has nice scent to it, plus it is natural and costs super cheap (I mean for natural cosmetics).
And while I am talking about hands I can't forget to mention gloves. In winter I just can't live without gloves, so I have one pair in pocket of each coat and even some spare in closet.

 
Lip balm is one more thing that I have in each pocket of my coat, handbag and every corner of my apartment during the winter. Can you guess from the photo below which of those lip balms is my favorite? Actually they are two - Balea intensiv and Dzintars UNI (Dzintars is biocosmetics and perfumery manufacturer from Latvia). These both lip balms are great for winter, they prevent my lips from drying. On the tube of Dzintars lip balm is said - against wind, frost and sun. All I can say it does it job, even though it doesn't have very nice scent to it. Best smelling of these lip balms is Sweet Mandarin from Balea, I think no need to explain why. :)


And of course in winter cold I need to have some hot drink. Every now and then I make myself a hot chocolate, but for the most of the time I drink tea. I like to try different flavors especially 'weird' or 'strange' flavors, like someone said - exotic flavors. During winter time I tend to reach for more spicy teas, so Sweet Chai from YogiTea is my this winters favorite. This tea is spicy but its aftertaste is very sweet and I usually don't sweeten up my tea, so for me that was surprising. 


Well that all for this post. It is time to go and enjoy a cup of tea.




Have A Warm Day!
xxx
J.M.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...