27 Jan 2017

Low Carb Sweet Cottage Cheese Buns | Yummy Blog

A while ago I saw Christine from +LowCarbPlanner used a cheese dough in a couple of her recipes and I thought - that's interesting. Later I had a craving for Sweet Cottage Cheese Buns (in Russian - "vatrushki") so I decided to give it a try. And I liked! It is super simple and takes only few minutes to make. Now I thought why not to share this cool idea?!



Here is my the recipe for Sweet Cottage Cheese Buns!

Ingredients:
Almond meal (ground almonds) 100g
Cheese (for example, Mozzarella) 100g
Eggs 2 pcs.
Soda 1 tsp
Cottage cheese 150g
Vanilla sugar or ground vanilla and sugar - to taste
Also can be add raisins or sultanas.


Instructions:
Preheat oven to 180'C (356'F).
For the filling mix the cottage cheese, 1 egg and vanilla sugar.

Place grated cheese in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 1,5-2 minutes.
Add egg to melted cheese and stir quickly.
Next, add soda and continue to stir actively.

Mixture starts to rise, it becomes airy.
Add the almond flour and knead the dough.
Divide the dough into several pieces.
Roll each piece into a ball, then flatten.
In the middle of each make a recess for filling.
Put the toppings on each piece.

Send in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
Enjoy!


I also made a video on my cooking channel, so you can check that out (and turn on the subtitles to understand what I am saying). I failed there a bit by keeping cheese in a microwave too long, but still everything turned out good and delicious.



Bon Appetit!
Have A Great Day!
xxx
J.M.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...