11 Jan 2015

Philips Lumea Precision Plus - Review

Philips Lumea I bought in October, so it is three months since I started to use it. I decided to write a short review to share my thoughts/impresions about it.


pic. Philips.com


1. Choosing (buying) the device
To buy IPL, I wanted long time ago, I read loads of reviews about different brand epilators and ended up on Philips (brand, but not specific model). 
On the day when I bought my IPL (it wasn't planned, my bf pushed me by saying - you want it, so buy it!). It took me a while to chose the  model, i read all info from box of every Philips IPL model that was in store, did some comparison and stopped at the Philips Lumea Precision Plus SC2008/11. It was (I think) the most expensive one from all available in store (at least from Philips), it costed around 400 euros.

2. What is in the box?
Philips Lumea IPL
attachments
Charger
Travel pouch
Cleaning wipe
Manual



3. First time use/ first impression
Before use i read carefully manual but anyway it was somehow scary, didn't know what feeling it will cause. But after first flash I realized that there's nothing to be scared of. It was warming and very quick (even quicker than I thought).

4. Usage
It works from battery only. That is what I like a lot, because there is no annoying wire that always is on the way. But, in same time, it is a down side as well, because you can run out of battery while doing treatment. And than need to wait until it charges up to complete the treatment.
Before start the treatment, I charge up the device. Make sure that the light exit window is clean. When it's done - turn on the device, set light intensity and start treatment. It flashes only when all safety rings contact swiches are in contact with skin, otherway nothing happens.
Overall it is easy to use the device. In the beginning it was uncomfortable to use on some parts of my body, but soon I found the best way to hold it.
Also it is pretty fast to do a treatment, plus it has a slide function that makes it even faster (but again need to get used to it).
Treatments should be done once every two weeks, doing them more often not give you a better or faster result.
!Useful tip is to use white eyeliner to mark guide lines, so you could see where the treatment is done!

5. Result
First results I noticed after second treatment, about third week after first treatment. Hairs were less frequent, appeared some bold spots in rectangular shape. 
Now it is noticeably less hair and they grow slower. At this point I can do treatments less often (no every 2 weeks) because I already have done around 8 treatments. And also I am thinking to stop treatment on some part of my body (like uderarms) because they are clean from hair (ok, maybe few growing hairs left, that don't bother me). 

6. Conclusion
It is pricey device, but it worked for me so I would definitely recommend it! 
BUT it not suitable for everybody so before buying such an expensive thing do some research - is it sutable for your skin tone and hair color etc.


For more info about this device go to Philips website 






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...