26 Jan 2015

Depend GelLack Review

When I was for holidays in Latvia I made myself a small gift for Christmas - Depend GelLack Start Kit.
This kit I found accidentally looking through Christmas deals and it caught my attention straight away. It has this interestinh curing light and, yeah, I like unusual things. So I decided to give it a try. 




What in the box:
Before and after cleanser
Base coat
Top coat
Nail file
Orange stick
LED lamp and adapter
Manual

Note! No color gel included


Applying process
It is pretty easy, all steps are written in manual or you can watch their official instruction video.
Over all it basically is same system as in others home gel kits, pretty much the same application steps only the lamp is different and I notice that many brand try to attract buyers with their own specially designed lamps (like I said before lamp caught my attention). It turn to the side and can be easily used for toenails.
Removing
These gels are soak off so you will need a remover. You can buy removers from Depend or any other brand or use acetone.



This is how my nails looked just done. I used very beautiful color - Deep Red. 
(*I did some small fails just because I was distracted in application process and didn't notice before it was too late but I didn't want to redo my nails so I left them as they are)



After a week my nails still looked good as they were just done.


After two weeks gel still looks very good but my nails are so grown out! Seeing my nails like that I really wanted to take off gel but I also wanted to see how it will look at the end of the third week so that was a bit of struggle.




After a little over three weeks (to be precise - 23 days). Nails are so much grown.. Gel still is shiny but on some nail appeared small chips and also nail tips are rubbed off a bit. But as in everyday life I do not the most gentle things to nails like cleaning, washing dishes etc and I didn't reapplied top coat that is suggested in instructions so i think gel lasted very good. Finally it is time to take it off, I can't accept my nails to look that awful (and I don't understand those women that let their nails grow out even more).



Conclusion
It really does stays up to three weeks, but normally I would not keep it on for so long or at least I would fill the gap where nails are gromn out or even redo whole manicure.
Comparing to for example SensatioNails starter kit that normally costs round 69€. SensatioNail has already included gel color in their kits, but it did not have big color selection (I think they have starter kits in 5 colors) and every separete color costs around 15. Depend gives much bigger color variation for you to start with because there are any color in kit.
I bought my Depend GelLack Start Kit on sale and payed around 44€ (kit costed around 38€ + 1 color gel around 6€). Normally it costs around 50€ (in different online store price may vary) and one color gel costs around 8€. That's means that together that is less than 60€ so it is for 10€ less than SensatioNail but the quality is very good. 
I definitely recommend Depend GelLack to anyone who wants to try do gel nails at home.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...