25 Jan 2017

Kiev - City Close To My Heart

For many people out there city Kiev brings bad memories, association, emotions etc., but this post has nothing to do with politic and all that crap what is going on in Ukraine!
For me it is kind of second home,even though I have been there only couple of times.


Some maybe know, but not all, that I am half-Ukrainian. My father and all relatives from his side are Ukrainians. So I go there first of all to meet my family. I won't go into details about my past, let it stay personal. All I will say - I am glad, that back in 2009 I made the first step to "get back" other half of me, that part of my family which I didn't know for years. 


Last time I visited Kiev was July 2010. Since then I dreamed of going back and finally my dream came true, 6,5 years later. It was great to see my family and meet other relatives, who I didn't know before. Also this visit was new adventure, different impressions and feeling. So many things happened during these years, plus this time it was winter.

Maidan Nezalezhnosti, Literally: Independence Square

I like this big city, comparing to my hometown, actually it is not even comparable, but it's huge. And there are so many things to do and to see, but I don't want live there for several reasons and one of them - like all big cities it is quite busy and loud, here comes advantage of a town. 

Kiev At Night

Also in winter it not as tempting go out and explore the city because of cold and I won't lie, weather was awful it was very cold and most of the time it snowed or was windy. I even joked - Last time I came it was super hot, this time super cold. Kiev is not hospitable to me at all! I won't come back here anymore! :D

The Saint Andrew's Church

As the weather didn't treat us, most of the time we were either driving around or spend time somewhere indoors. One of our stops was at the Ukrainian National Chernobyl Museum. Museum is small, but there are many interesting stuff, photos and information. This museum won't leave anybody indifferent.

The Ukrainian National Chernobyl Museum

Another place we visited was the Kiev Pechersk Lavra also known as the Kiev Monastery of the Caves. Interesting, beautiful place to see. It has its own special atmosphere.

The Kiev Pechersk Lavra

Check out the video, to see how Kiev looks like in winter! By the way, roads there are terrible, so video quality is like it is, tried my best to make it look good..


Despite the bad weather, it was great getaway! Also for these few days in Kiev we had this cute flatmate, called Leha.





Never Give Up Your Dreams!
Lots Of Love To All!
xxx
J.M.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...