26 Apr 2017

DIY - Flower Pincushion | J.M.

If you are DIY-er you probably know handy is to have a pincushion, when you are doing some sort of DIY, especially sewing. The pin wheels or boxes in which the pins are packed do not fasten up the job and for me personally that ends up with pins laying all around the table. 


Well I have one pincushion somewhere, but for some reasons can't find it, so for my own safety and reasonableness I made myself this cute flower pincushion.



For this DIY I used:
piece of fabric
thick felt
button
thread - better to take thicker, stronger one
needle
scissors
pen, bowl or any other round thing to draw a circle


First step - draw and cut out a circle out of fabric. I used bowl to draw a circle - approximately 15cm/6inches in diameter, but it could be bigger.


Take the needle and the thread, sew along the edge with overcast stitch and carefully pull the thread, making circle edge wavy and creating a pouch.


Don't cut the thread, fill the pouch with a polyester fiberfill. Pull the thread to "close" the pincushion and sew it up. I did only few stitches in crisscross, just to hold it close.


Now time to make petals. If thread is short, secure it and take a new one. From the back (where sew up the pouch) bring thread to the front warping the pincushion from the side and punch the needle with thread approximately in the middle of the pincushion and push it through the pincushion. Pull the thread gently and repeat same process, creating flower petals. Squeeze the pincushion a bit to help it form the flower shape. 
When that is done - sew on the button in the middle 


From the felt cut out the leaves which I free handed. I just put the pincushion on felt to see estimate size and then cut out. After that sew it to pincushion (or could glue it).


And that it, my cute flower pincushion is done!







Have A Beautiful Day!
xxx
J.M.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...