19 Apr 2017

DIY - Felt Flower Topiary

Weather is still acting up, one moment it is nice and sunny and the next - it is raining (or even snowing!), but this DIY topiary brights up my room and my mood. 


It brings in spring into my room and it looks so delicate and elegant. Love it! So let me tell you how I made it!

First of all for this DIY I used:
felt
empty jar
paper tube (leftover from food wrap)
scissors
old newspapers
yarn
decorative stones
ribbon
pearls
hot glue gun


I started with making flowers. I made two flower stencils - one slightly smaller than other.


Using these stencils, I drew on felt equal amount of both sizes. For my flowers I used two colors - pink and red. Of course cut them out and to fasten up the process I took two pieces of felt, placed one on top of the other and cut both at same time. Wouldn't recommend to take more than two, because it will be too hard to cut out evenly.


When that was done, it was time to assemble the whole flowers. Each flower is two colored, so I took one piece in one color, second - in other. Using hot glue gun, I glued a pearl in the middle of smaller piece and then the smaller piece to the bigger. Repeated same steps with all other pieces.


For the base, on which I glued on flowers, I took old newspapers and created a ball, secured plus formed on shape using yarn. Most important here is to press well the paper and then very tightly wrap around the yarn. Here also could be used foam ball.


For the flower stem I used paper tube, wrapped in felt, which I glued with hot glue gun. Here it wasn't the best idea to use felt (or at least not that thickness I had) because it bulked the stem and the joint was too visible, but I liked the color too much. 
I would suggest to paint it or glue around colored paper, contact paper.

Then I glued the stem to the paper ball and started to glue on the flowers. 


When all the flowers were on, I glued other side of the stem inside the glass jar. Filled the jar with the decorative blue stones and tied around the jar a ribbon.


And that it!




Have An Inspiring Day!
xxx
J.M.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...