21 May 2018

DIY Party Photo Booth Backdrop | J.M.

In this blog post I will continue party theme and share three ideas for photo booth backdrop. Each of these ideas can be made separately or in combination.
A backdrop for photo booth easily can be made from things you may already have at home. For all my backdrop ideas I used:

  • crepe paper
  • curling ribbon
  • wrapping paper (I had used, I carefully unwrapped and saved it from a received gift)
  • scissors
  • hole puncher
  • thread
  • ribbon


#1 Curling Ribbon
This one is super simple all you need is a curling ribbon, tape and scissors.
Take a curling ribbon and cut it to needed length. Don't forget that it will be curled that why I would suggest you make one as a trial and then adjust all others.
Curl it with a side of the scissors.
Tape the ribbons to the sealing and/or to the wall. I did both, this way it has some dimension.

#2 Wrapping paper banner
For this DIY you will need scissors, ribbons, hole puncher (optional) and some leftover gift wrapping paper or maybe you are like me and have kept used one because it looks so fun.
Mine wrapping paper has a specific pattern and I wanted to keep the illustrations in the middle.
So at first, I cut out rectangles. To have an idea of the size and placement of rectangle I use a stencil for .
Using stencil cut out the triangles.
But if your wrapping paper has no such specific pattern you could just fold wrapping paper (to cut several pieces at once) and then cut out the triangles
I did about 5 - 6 pieces at the time and I didn't trace anything. For me, it was way easier and faster than trace and cut each triangle individually.
Now, with a hole puncher, make two holes at the top side. If you don't have a hole puncher you can make holes with scissors. The holes won't be perfect but hanging on the ribbon it won't be as noticeable.
Next, carefully string some ribbon or twine through them. I used a very pretty hoodie lace.
And now just attach it to the wall.

#3 Paper pompoms
Cut a crepe or tissue paper into rectangular pieces. My pieces were about 8 by 16 centimeters.
For one pompon use 4 to 6 pieces. Place the pieces on top of each other.
Fold them into an accordion style.
Tie a thread or a fishing wire around the middle of the tissue paper.
The corners of the tissue paper can be left as is, rounded or cut into triangles.
Gently pull each layer up and toward the center. Fluff the pompom.
Measure the thread and cut at the needed length.
Tape to the sealing and/or to the wall.

Each of these ideas looks cute but all together - super cute!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...