24 May 2015

Low Carb, Gluten Free Chocolate Cake

When I was a kid my grandmom often made a very simple and yummy chocolate cake (what actually I also have made few times by myself) but since I try to be more healthy and fit I have to say no to sweets and products that contains wheat. As I always have been a big sweet tooth, that is such a struggle. So, to satisfy my sweet tooths craving, but without making big damage to my body, I made some modifications in my grandmoms chocolate cake and it turned out great! Yumm!


Ingredients for the cake:
150g almond flour

2 teaspoons baking powder
1cup (or ~18g) stevia
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
150 g plum jam
3 medium sized eggs
100 ml warm coffee


Preparing process is super easy!
1. Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F)
2. In one mixing bowl mix all dry and in another - all wet ingredients
3. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well together
4. Butter a baking tray or lay a baking paper
5. Pour batter in baking tray
6. Bake for about 40-45 minutes

Basically that's all, cake is delicious as it self, but I sliced it in two pieces and spreaded in between with simple cream cheese (of course - low fat). But cake is very brittle, so I had to be careful while moved one half of cake back and forth.


As it is healthier option of chocolate cake, I did some counting to bring out it's nutritional value.
100g of cake contains:
calories - 227,36
fat - 13,56
carbohydrates - 15,82
protein - 8,99

So it has more than a half less carbs than in regular cake, also less calories and fats. And it has more protein in it.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...