8 Mar 2015

Yogurt Cake Recipe

Today, March 8th, is International Women's Day, so I have a little treat for this special day - yogurt cake (great thing about it - do not require baking)!


To make this cake you will need:
200 g oatmeal cookies
100 g butter
500 g yogurt (I used regular vanilla yogurt, but can be used any other) 
120 g sugar
30 g gelatin
500 g berries (fresh or frozen, I used frozen berry mix)


Method:
Start with a base. Crush biscuits in fine crumbs and mix with soft butter.

Fill crumbs in cake tin and press properly in order to form a solid basis.

Melt the gelatin in a water bath.

Mix yogurt with sugar (actually I didn't add any sugar, it was sweet enough from yogurt and berries, at least for me), add the melted gelatin.

On prepared basis spread berries and pour on top yogurt mix. 

*As I used frozen berries, before making this cake I defrosted then and pour off excess liquid. I also divided berries in 2 parts (one goes inside the cake and the other on top, this way I don't need any other decoration for it and it tastes more fruity and fresh).

Place the cake in fridge for 1-2 hours (or overnight). You also can speed up the process by putting cake in freezer, then it may take about 1/2 hour.



Happy Women's Day! 







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...