14 Dec 2014

Recipe - Last Minute Christmas Pudding

When I lived in UK I got that possibility to try Christmas pudding and I loved it. Now I live in Germany, so I can't get it in store. I got an idea to make it and started looking through recipes, they looked pretty easy but I didn't like the steaming part. I was just about to give up the idea, when I fond recipe where Christmas pudding was cooked in microwave. Later I found that there are a bunch of recipes like that, so I looked through ingredients needed and what I have got at home and made THIS:


Pudding ingredients: 

25g Butter 
25g plain flour 
1/2 teaspoon of mixed spice 
35g white breadcrumbs
50g soft dark brown sugar 
250g dried fruit mix
grated rind and juice of half lemon 
1 eggs 
1 tablespoon treacle 
1 tablespoon golden syrup 
25ml Orange Juice 
25ml Apple Juice



Method: 

  • Sieve all the dry ingredients together and mix well. 
  • Stir in all remaining ingredients until completely mixed. 
  • Lightly grease a pudding basin (or any microwaveble bowl, also can be used cups) and fill with the mixture.
  • Cover with cling film and make a slit in the top to allow steam to escape. 
  • Cook on microwave for about 5 minutes (the smaller portion, the less time to cook, in cup it takes about 2 minutes). 
  • Allow to stand for 10 minutes after cooking.
  • Sprinkle with brandy and serve.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...