10 Dec 2014

Homemade Gingerbread Recipe

I always thought that making gingerbreads is very complicated and long process. Because in old cooking books that had my grandma there were loads of ingredients and steps. But I wanted to make them by myself so I looked up in the  internet for simple gingerbread recipe and found many easy recipes.






You'll need:
2 cups flour

½ tsp baking soda
1 tbsp ground ginger
200g soft brown cugar
150g butter
1 egg (beaten) 


1. Sift flour, baking soda and ground ginger together in a bowl. 

2. Add soft brown sugar.

3. Add butter and rub in with fingertips until resembles fine breadcrumbs.

4. Add egg and stir or pulse to mix. If the dough is too sticky, add a little more flour to the mix and wrap in cling wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

5. Preheat oven to 180°C.

6. Roll out on lightly floured surface or between 2 sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. 

7. Using cookie cutters, cut shapes and place on tray. Form leftover dough into a ball and re-roll and repeat cutting out until all the dough is used up.

8. As I don't make cookies often, I don't have shapes to cut them out so i used what I had in my kitchen - cups, glasses, knife to cut different shapes. The best of all is cups - can cut rounds, half-moons and other shapes

9.Bake gingerbread men for 8-10 minutes or until cooked and golden. Remove from oven and cool on baking rack.

10. Decorated with icing which I made of 1/2 Cup powder sugar, 1-2 Tea spoon milk. 







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...