22 May 2018

DIY Paper Flower Monogram | J.M

Today I am sharing my latest DIY - Paper Flower Monogram. It is a simple DIY project and the result is beautiful summer room decor or an awesome gift.

For this DIY I used:
  • shallow, old box
  • white paper
  • crepe paper
  • floral wrapping paper
  • glue stick
  • white glue or hot glue
  • pencil
  • scissors 

At first, I made a makeover for the old box. I covered the outside and sides with a white paper. 




And for the inside of the box, I used pretty, floral wrapping paper.
It was a little bit wrinkly, but because the paper was thin, when I glued it, all wrinkles even out.

For the flowers, I used a crepe paper which I cut into strips (~2 cm wide).
Made a small fold (~1-1,5cm) and then folded it another 4 to 6 times. Don't do too many folds or it will be harder to cut the petals.

Cut off excess paper.
Folded in half and cut out half of the flower petal. Depending on the number of folds you should get 5-7petals or more if you did more folds.

All together I made three different size flower petals.
Glue each size petals together creating a flower. For fuller looking flowers, at first glue together opposite corners of the base of each petal.

So now it should be three flowers.

Next step is to assemble them in one full flower. Simply add a little bit of the glue to the back of the flower and stick it to the middle of the bigger flower.
When I did that, I felt like my flower is missing something in the middle, so I cut out a small flower (even not very accurate) and glued in the middle.
Using a toothpick I pushed it in the middle and from the sides and placed (or formed) in the best position.

After I made a bunch of these flowers, I finally get to do a monogram. My original thought was to make it colorful and fun but then I felt that this way it is not working for me and I switched just to white flowers. Also, in the photo below you can see that I did some experiments with size and shape of the petals.

For the white flowers, I made all petals same shape.

In the box for the guidance, I lightly drew the letters with a pencil.
Then, I placed the flowers just to find the best placement for each of them.

Lastly, I glued them all in place. I use a white glue instead of a hot glue because it dries a bit longer and makes it possible to move flowers and make some adjustments.


Here is the final product!

I really like how it turned out!
And if my explanation in this post wasn't good enough, you may want to check out the video to see in action what I did here.

Have a beautiful day!
xxx
J.M.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...