15 Mar 2018

DIY - Mini Easter Bunny Sweets Basket

Hello to everyone!
Still can't believe it is finally spring and less than a month will be Easter. So I made one very cute DIY project - mini Easter bunny sweets basket!


For this DIY will be needed:
  • tin can
  • pop sticks
  • pipe cleaners
  • yarn
  • pair of wiggly eyes
  • ribbon 
  • glue
  • scissors

At first, measure the length of pop sticks and cut off the excess.

My tip is to press the popstick in-between the fingers close as possible to the cutting line to prevent breakage of the popstick or perhaps use some more heavy duty tools instead of scissors.

You can use the first cutted popstick as a template for the next. But be careful and don't make them longer. That can happen because you make marking beside the cut and then do the cut on the marking. So just cut next to the marking. 

Next step is to glue the sticks to the tin can.


I didn't realize that the tin can at the top is slightly wider or maybe I just messed up a little while gluing but if that happens to you don't worry because that not a problem and will be hidden later.

Make two pom-poms and one has to be bigger than other.

My favorite way of making pompoms is just wrapping the yarn around my fingers. For bigger pompon, I wrapped yarn around four fingers but for smaller - three. When it look enough I cut the yarn and use the ends of the yarn to secure all in place (wrap the ends around in opposite directions) but another option would be to take a small piece of yarn to do that.

Carefully pull it off my fingers, tie a double knot and cut around with scissors.

Lastly - fluff pompons and trim.

Using a pipe cleaner, create bunny ears.

Push the pipe cleaner through the smaller pompon (find wrapped around yarn and push the pipe cleaner under).

Bend it in half and then each half one more time in half. Secure ends either wrapping around pipe cleaner or bend them under the yarn

Then place them in the best looking position and they stay in place without any glue.

Glue on the pom-poms to the tin this will help you to see how and where to place all other details.

From a pipe cleaner create the bunny's paws. I started with back paws, cut one pipe cleaner in half but it can be left as one piece just go symmetrical from both sides.

Try to form bunny's back paws by rolling and twisting the pipe cleaner. I really didn't use any specific technique just looked how it goes.

Take a new pipe cleaner, form a tail (roll it in a small egg shape or something similar) and cut off excess.

From the leftover pipe cleaner, form bunny's front paws.
This time I kept pipe cleaner as one piece - I bent it in the middle and form one paw from each end. Also, when paws were done, I slightly bent paws in half so they look like holding on something.
Then I placed front paw pipe cleaner in between and then under the pompons and hang pip cleaner (paws) on the top of the basket. So nothing shows up except paws and no glue needed.

Next, I glue on eyes. 
You can stick them to pompon or glue to pop sticks. 
At first, I did eyes to pompon but later I decided to glue them to the pop sticks because on the pompon they moved, didn't stay how I wanted and just didn't look good to me.

Glue on the tail.

Finally, add back paws. 
At first, check for the best placement and then glue them in place.

At the end fluff the whole bunny and do the trim if needed.

I almost forgot about the ribbon but luckily it can be added at the end. I used white chiffon ribbon which adds a nice, soft and festive touch to the whole DIY.

And it's all done!

Now fill the basket with some sweets and look how adorable it looks like!










Have A Lovely Day!
xxx
J.M.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...