31 Dec 2015

Recipe - Low Carb Raffaellos

During the holiday season it is so hard to keep away from unhealthy food, because they are everywhere and they are so tempting.




Since I came home for holidays (by home I mean my homeland - Latvia), it is so hard to keep away from all those cute packaged sweets and also family dinner at Christmas. ehh.. That is hard, but I try to stay strong and don't snack on bad foods. So I urgently needed to have a some yummy and healthy snack by hand to don't surrender to temptation.
I checked some recipes and this recipe has ingredients, what I had at home, plus it is super easy to make.


Grocery list:

100 g low-fat cottage cheese (quark)
1 tbsp. honey + sweetener (stevia) to taste
100 g of coconut shred + some for coating/rolling in the balls
~15 pc. blanched almonds or hazeltuts



Cooking method:

  • If use firmer variety of quark, then grate it first in smaller shreds.
  • Mix thoroughly all ingredients (except nuts). Actually I ran out of honey, so I used sugar free condensed milk (~2 tbsp.). Also coconut shred can be needed more or maybe less, all depends of consistency of quark if it is more creamy respectively more - shred.
  • Make small balls, about - size of a teaspoon.
  • In the middle of each ball put roasted nut.
  • Roll each ball in coconut shred.
  • Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.






Happy New Year!
Let's all your dreams come true, all goals met and overall let the new year be fun, exciting and full of love and happiness!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...