10 Aug 2015

Simple DIY Dress Makeover

I have had this dress for years and I liked it alot, but nothing last forever. Dress it self look good, but the lace part is worn off and in close looks ugly. As I liked this dress I couldn't just throw it out (my hand just not rise to do that). So finaly I came to idea to make a skirt of it.

So I started with cutting off the lace part.


Then - tried on, measured and marked the right length. After that turned it inside out and folded down extra length from the top and stitched it to keep in place. Once again tried on to see how it looks (make sure length is right), measured elastic band and also stitched it to top part of the skirt.


When it was done, one last time I tried it on before sewing all together (I know that it sounds silly trying on after every step, but sometimes it helps prevent mistakes that can be done and which may be hard to fix at the end). The skirt looked good, so it was good to sew all together. 

And it's done!







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...